Projection Report 2/25


Presentation Issues:

During the last round T4's server paused itself and would not load any content. Thankfully no tickets had been sold in there for this round. I restarted the server and I was able to load and play content again. My guess is that there was/is an exhaust issue with the projector. The duct was hanging by a thread at the top so I taped it back together but even after that I was hearing some unnerving rattling sounds near where the duct meets the projector. I tried moving the lever to open/close the exhaust flow a bit and I think I got a clear airflow, but will definitely keep my eye on this and note any issues tomorrow.

Since this is a really long paragraph I'm going to preface by saying it's not that serious, just verrry peculiar:
After some minor issues on Saturday I kept a close eye on masking cues today, and there are issues in houses 4, 6, and 1. It seems that the masking opens to scope (2.35:1) on the cue to set it to flat (1.85) in these houses but only when the playlist for a scope feature starts/ends (I realize this explanation has little logic to it but it's the only pattern I can discern; for example in 4 the masking remained in scope after Vice so I switched it to flat before The Favourite started (flat feature) and the masking stayed put when preshow began and remained this way through the end of the playlist and into the flip. The next show was Isn't It Romantic (scope), and the masking opened to scope as preshow started, despite the cue being set to flat. The same thing happened when T1 switched from Fighting with my Family (scope) to Oscar Shorts (flat) and back to Fighting with my Family. The masking opening to scope for preshow has been happening all day in 6, which is playing Alita (scope). In every case the masking was correct for the feature.
In all three houses though, masking can be set to flat using the macro without a problem, the only thing is we have to change the masking after preshow starts as it will revert to scope masking when the playlist is loaded.

Preshow Clips/Playlist: I removed the 5 minute welcome slide from the Lego Movie 2 preshow pack as well as the all ages preshow pack.

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up:

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers): Put the Us poster back up in the lobby with a "coming soon" snipe and replaced the Everybody Knows poster with Roma

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection:

Distro Doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning:

Cue sheets updated (only if needed):

Showtime boards & recording updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night? : yes

Lo-Res :

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projection Admin 7/19

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Admin 3/24