Projection Report 6/29 Open


Presentation Issues: 35mm projector 2 in theater 1 lamp issues again during the screening of Magnolia. The lamp shut itself off twice within the first ten minutes (more on this below) so Michael and I switched to the backup on his laptop. This caused further issues as the audio sync on this file wasn't great. We had a DCP ingesting when the show started, so when it finished I tried to switch to that as seamlessly as I could so we could at least have in-sync audio, but when I loaded the DCP to cue it up the macro on the Christie switched automatically, so there was a black screen/silence for ~30 seconds before I got the laptop backup back on screen. This led customers to think the file had skipped ahead a few scenes, even though the laptop backup had just continued running normally while this happened, it just wasn't on screen.

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: Magnolia 35mm in Theater 1; the lamp issue with projector 2 happened again, this time twice during the first ten minutes of the movie. The second time it shut off Michael and I could not get it to turn back on. After we switched to the digital, I played around with the lamphouse doors and some of the wiring. There were some wires near the door sensor that were pretty loosely connected, so I tried my best to make a better connection and I taped the wires to the connector. It seemed briefly that this may have fixed the issue (lamp came back on when I adjusted the wires) but after about 20 minutes the lamp shut itself off again. I can suggest one or two technician contacts who could come give us a second opinion on this.

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content): I wound Magnolia back onto its shipping reels. It's in the cans by the rewind table in booth 1 ready to be shipped back.

Print/video Inspection:

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning:

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift): No updates needed

Marquee updated?: Took down Magnolia and replaced it with Midsommar

Posters updated?: Up to date

Cleaning lights on for the night?: N/a

Projectors off for the night?: N/a

Projection cart by TH5?: Back in 3/7

Nest:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projection Admin 7/19

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Admin 3/24