Projection Report 7/18 Close


Presentation Issues: None

Preshow Clips/Playlist: Please keep an eye out for new Booksmart KDMs tomorrow! I emailed them yesterday and they replied saying new keys will be issued, but they haven't sent them yet.

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: Looking for Mr Goodbar 35mm screening with intro by Bruce LaBruce in theater 1. No issues with presentation and the mic is back in it's charging port in theater 1's booth. A few things about the 35s in there though:

The last roller on projector #2 is loose which caused the countdown to get torn on two reels while threading, but I taped it together with paper tape and had no problems threading up after that. No damage to the print during actual projection. I also emailed John Woods about this to send to Paramount. After the screening I tried tightening this roller, but I think it just doesn't fit the arm well, or maybe the screw is partly stripped. I believe that if we are extra careful when threading this projector we shouldn't have this problem in the future, I have a couple tips that I tried when threading this projector to avoid causing any damage which I can explain to the projection team.

I noticed during the screening as well that the focus knob on projector #1 (the one hooked up to the platter system) drifts a fair amount. Within just a 20 minute reel some parts of the screen would go soft. This was even more noticeable after changeovers to this projector. It's cutting a bit close I know, but if this can be looked at by Dan or Billy before Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, that'd be super. Otherwise we'll have to check the focus multiple times throughout each screening. That's doable but it would of course be better if it didn't drift at all.

The last thing is, I'm going to file the 1.85 plate on projector #1 some more. Some edges are still visible on screen. I'll try to get this done before Bill & Ted's on Sunday.

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content): The Matrix Reloaded has been ingested to TMS

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection: Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey has been wound onto house reels and is ready to screen on Sunday.

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning: Cleaned the 35mm projectors in 1 before and after Goodbar. We should do this with every 35mm screening but it was especially important tonight since that print had a faint vinegar smell.

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift):

Marquee updated?: I didn't get a chance to update the marquee, by the time I was done with everything in booth 1 it was raining and I had an hour left of my shift. Dylan P. can you take down the Goodbar advert on the north side and put up some of the Keanu screenings? Also, Secret Life of Pets 2, Late Night, Rocketman, and The Dead Don't Die can come down from the front tomorrow and The Lion King and Sword of Trust can go up. Thanks!

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?: Yes

Projectors off for the night?: Yes

Projection cart by TH5?: Yes

Nest:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Report 4/6 Open

Projection Close 12/28 Lillian