Projection report 8/13 (close)



Presentation Issues: SPOONS was a mess tonight. The negative show flip dramatically cut down on our set up time — and I realized too late that the DI box connection running from the stage to the booth was not set up exactly the way we were expecting it to be. However, I had never run a show through our DI box set up, and I admit that I did not know exactly what I was looking for/what could be wrong in case we had an image failure.
       In any case, I struggled to get image & sound on screen for about twenty minutes while Dylan S tried to walk me through a fix over the phone. He ran down in an Uber while Gerard and I tried to find the cable that led from the screen. Ultimately, it was a big miscommunication — apparently there was a new HDMI extender added to the cabling behind the rack, which Dylan did not know had been added (and I did not know was a new addition), and the DI output box he was trying to describe to me had been tucked away behind a power strip, where I could not see it. We were able to get the feed on screen, though seating happened very late. Additionally, the color space of the image was significantly wrong — it looked like the entire "red" part of the image was missing or washed out. I have no idea what would have caused this, though my guess is the (extra, unnecessary?) HDMI extender that confused me at the beginning.
       I apologize for all of this. While I've used DI box connections before, I had not used ours, and was not prepared for how to trouble-shoot when things went wrong. My own ignorance of the set-up for this show definitely tripped me up in understanding how to fix it, and I am sorry for playing such a big part in this show getting off to a rocky start. I could use a refresher on what to do with events of this size when things go wrong.
       Thank you to Gerard for being so available and helping me try to fix this problem, and to Dylan S for coming all the way back to NPP to navigate the issue with me, and to all of MOD/staff for helping get this show running. I appreciate it very much.

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: Spoons Toons (see above)

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content): received WHERE'D YOU BERNADETTE. Feature has been ingested to TMS.

** we also received WOODSTOCK. Print has been carried up to booth 1 (all three cans of it).

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection:

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?: Updated

Maintenance/cleaning: mics/stands/cables/mixer from Spoons are back in booth 4/6 (I could not find the mic zipper-cases so they are sitting loose in their plastic box currently-). Lighting board has been returning to booth 1 (needs to be plugged back in properly)

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift): Checked for tomorrow, should be all good

Marquee updated?: Removed Spoons info from the north side, replaced it with Woodstock. Added Angry Birds 2 to the front side.

Posters updated?: up to date

Cleaning lights on for the night?: Yes

Projectors off for the night?: Yes

Projection cart by TH5?: Yes

Nest:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Report 4/6 Open

Projection Close 12/28 Lillian