NPP Projection Report 11/9 Close, Daniel

Presentation Issues: During the end credits of the 3:30 Marriage Story, the tail came loose and caused the film to spaghetti on the platter. I was able to keep it going through most of the credits without any problem, but eventually the film got caught in the gate. I immediately closed the dowser and brought up the lights, ending the show about 20 seconds early. (Most of the audience had already left.) But because of this, the last 20 seconds of film got a bit damaged.

I watched the credits closely for the next two rounds, and both times these last 20 seconds again got caught in the gate. It seems to me that we may need to cut out a few frames at the end so the film can run smoothly from now on.

Based on what I saw tonight, I just want to mention that the tail does not finish running through the gate, so immediately after muting the processor, I would run back and close the dowser.

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up:

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection:

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning: I noticed one of the large green guide rollers (right above projector 1) was at an odd angle that was causing the film to slip out. I don't think this had anything to do with the issue above, but I re-positioned it so the film can run a little smoother now. Also wiped down the film path and all the guide rollers at the end of the night.

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift): Checked and confirmed for tomorrow.

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?: Yes.

Projectors off for the night?: Yes.

Projection cart by TH5?: Yes.

Nest:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projection Admin 7/19

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Admin 3/24