NPP projection report, 12/26 Open, Michael



Presentation Issues: none

Preshow Clips/Playlist: I bumped Star Wars volume down to 5.5. I sat through the first hour and a half or so this morning and my ears got pretty tired. The movie doesn't have a ton of dynamic range but at the previous setting, it seemed baseline loud the whole time, even during the talking scenes. It's tricky with movies like this, because it should be decently loud (it's a movie about a battle in outer space, for crying out loud, it's literally in the title), but I think the quieter scenes should be moments of relief rather than continuing to be kind of loud. Either way, that's my opinion. Gotta think of the poor servers, too, who probably have to endure another 4-5 weeks of this movie and shouldn't suffer long term hearing damage.

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up:

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection:

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning: P1 in Th4 is leaking oil like crazy. I have to see if we can get the gaskets replaced around the intermittents and their oil drain plugs, which of course, nobody makes anymore. P1 in TH1 is still leaking, so keep an eye on the level through the LW run. Should be 1/3 to 1/2 full in the little window. Please check before every screening and wipe away any spillage with a kimwipe.

*I'll order more alcohol wipes once I get approval, otherwise kimwipes or microfiber cloths with some alcohol on them work wonders. We have plenty of kimwipes and rubbing alcohol behind the rewind bench in booth 1.

**Cleaned the daylights out of P1 in TH6, which included a lot of rust removal. I day say the thing might be fit for showing a real movie.

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift): Tomorrow looks good.

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projectors off for the night?:

Projection cart by TH5?:

Nest:

Additional Notes:

Karen and I discovered that the TMS macro execution won't trigger the multichannel analog input on the CP750, but it will work from the IMS interface or during playback of a playlist with that cue built in. I don't know why that is.

A couple housekeeping items - I'd love it if the tool kit was kept whole. Like, if you need a tool, just take the whole case. I'm guilty of it too, but it's no fun running around looking for tools that are scattered around. I put it down in booth 1 for now, and there's a second set in a green pouch in 4/6. Also, can everyone please turn the booth monitor volume down when you're not using them? Those little speakers can get blown pretty easily.

I'm out of town with limited phone service and email from tomorrow til the 4th. I'll check in once in a while though. See you next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projection Admin 7/19

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Admin 3/24