Projection Report 12/2 ADMIN/OPEN Karen



Presentation Issues:
-There were no issues but we did receive a volume complaint from TH4.  It was during the trailers but I went in and listened to the feature for a bit: Jojo Rabbit. I thought it sounded fine. However, I came to see Jojo Rabbit in TH7 over the weekend and I thought it was too quiet. What I heard in TH4 sounded better to me today. And they are similar-sized theaters, they should be comparable. Is there any way for us to individually set a baseline for each house? Something playing at vol 5 in TH7 should definitely match up in TH3, and for the most part in TH4 and 6 (and ideally we could scale TH1 and 2 to be the same).
-I was able to catch most of a Star Wars trailer in TH6 just before I left for the day. I do not find it to be too loud. It is exciting, if that makes sense. I welcome another projectionist's opinion on this. Ever since we started playing the Star Wars playlist (which has been off and on for months), I have been aware of 2 individual complaints, just to also put it in perspective.

Preshow Clips/Playlist: 
- Downloading the generic action playlists off EVO. Unless there are any strong feelings about it, I will use my own discretion to make a 30 minute playlist for Thursday's event. Started a playlist with just the transitional slug and feature (with lighting and volume cues). Will build the rest tomorrow.

- Made three playlist packs titled 1.33_Lens/Masking Change, 1.78_Lens/Masking Change, SCOPE_Lens/Masking Change as per Alec's convention. I made a slight change to the timing of the lens file changing in the spirit of solving the issue he had mentioned in TH5 and 2. Please use these packs when applicable so we are all following the same standard.

Trailer Updates: 
- I amend my statement in regards to trailer updates (updated versions of the same movie). We don't have to be hyper-concerned but where we can stay updated (as long as the preview is flat and is all ages appropriate, and is in other ways the proper format, we should try to update). I did hear a customer in the hallway say how excited they were to see the "latest" Star Wars trailer when coming out of the theater yesterday (seriously).  As an avid movie-goer that has always relished the trailer experience, I can relate. This is why we set individual volume levels and put lights down as well, it's really part of the feature performance.

Special Events/ AV set up:
-Received a jpeg file that the director of Killer Raccoons wants to serve as the intro (and possibly Q&A) slide. I have sent it along to Kris to be turned into a format we can use in a playlist.

-Emailed Nell and Michael from STB to get a runtime for our cue sheets as well as to advise them that they will be on their own a little bit on Thursday.

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):
-We got in some 2020 Oscar Nominated Shorts posters

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content):
-I will walk some drives to UPS tomorrow during admin. It was pretty yucky out today.

Indivdual House Inspection/Playlist spot checks (before opening):
-Yes. (Can we add this to the projection report permanently?)

Print/video Inspection:
-Teched "Killer Raccoons 2" with the director. It is ingested on the TMS, in TH7, and we have a backup on our regular external hard drive. Updated the event memo with all applicable information.
I am the projectionist on that night and went through the run of show with Travis, it is in the memo, for anyone who is curious.

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning:

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift):
Looking good for tonight.

Marquee updated?:
-Took down Christmas Vacation and put up STB. This took a lot longer than it should due to the weather. I find the new suction cup to be worse in the rain/snow and cold. It doesn't stick to anything. Even Juan couldn't get it to work.

Posters updated?: N/A

Cleaning lights on for the night?: N/A

Projectors off for the night?: N/A

Projection cart by TH5?:N/A

Nest:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Report 4/6 Open

Projection Close 12/28 Lillian