NPP Projection Report 1/14 Admin


To do this evening/ was completed: Download new trailer content for next week as it gets uploaded to the Google Drive.

Right after I left for the evening I got a message from Jerry saying two film technicians who he’d been trying to get to visit the theater all week would be coming by tonight by 7pm. They won’t be able to look at anything on screen of course, but fingers crossed they can still work out the issues we have with the 35mm projectors in Theaters 1 and 4. If not, I’m still in contact with CTS for a visit next week before opening.

Put up a 35mm changeover checklist in booth 4/6 on the wall by the breaker boxes. It’s similar to the one above the rewind bench in booth 1, but a bit more specific to the Theater 6 projectors. A lot of it is probably review, but it’s there for reference in case. Casper is on house reels, heads out on the rewind bench in 4/6, ready for its screenings this weekend.

Presentation Issues:

Preshow Clips/Playlist: Built and scheduled preshow playlists for both Casper shows (with and without the intro) and Desperately Seeking Susan.

Trailer Updates: Received new trailer lists for next week, downloaded TLR_NPP_FEBLOVE to the DCPII hard drive. The rest are still uploading.

Special Events/ AV set up:

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content): Loaded Red Rocket and The 355 to Theater 5 IMS and The 355 to Theater 7 IMS for their screenings this week.

The Speed Racer print came in, I brought it up to booth 1.

Outgoing/Shipping (content): Cleared all features I could from individual IMS servers.

Print/video Inspection: Teched the Casper print in TH6, it looks and sounds good! It’s a bit scratched up as I noticed during inspection, but nothing crazy. Wrote down the volume level on the info sheet with the print, and timed the credits to update the cue sheets.

Teched Scream 5, Belle (both versions), and Rocky IV. All are good to go.

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?: Added some more events and first runs.

Maintenance/cleaning: I tried switching the iPad for house music but the iOS on both is too old to update the Soundtrack app, and the app either crashes every time I open it (on the white iPad that we had been using) or prompts me to
update it before it can be used (the black iPad). I tried updating the software on both iPads but each time I tried it told me the software is up to date. I suppose they are too old to run the version of the iOS needed for Soundtrack to work. I let Matthew know and he said he will bring over another iPad for me to try.

Nick requested we use the DJ speakers for house music in Trees. I tested it out with a spare input on the amp and it works, just would be complicated running the cables from behind the bar, through the walls/ceiling, to the bench. Talking to Matthew about it as we have the sound system set up in there for house music already. Either way, I’ll work on getting an iPad wall mounted behind the bar.

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift):

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projectors off for the night?:

Projection cart by TH5?:

Nest:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Report 4/6 Open

Projection Close 12/28 Lillian