NPP Projection 4/28 Close



To do this evening/ was completed: Removed Lost City and Batman content from TMS.

Presentation Issues: Major presentation issues during Shouting at the Screen. Teched the feature Blu-Ray after Round 1 in T2 and before the preshow for Shouting with the talent and Cristina. Both techs went smoothly, picture and sound were good to go. Preshow and slideshow intro for the event went smoothly, but when it came time to transition to the feature, I got a critical error alert from the Christie. To my recollection this occurred after I switched the HDMI cables on the Christie to switch over to the bluray player. The IMB status had turned from green to red. I attempted to restart the projector after striking the lamp, but I was prevented from doing so on the touch screen so I ended up unplugging the power cable and reconnecting it. At this point, the Christie was indicating there was a marriage failure, and I was initially unable to resolve that. I was in touch with Alec at this point and he ran through some troubleshooting options with me. We attempted to enact an LD bypass but that proved to be impossible--the Christie panel literally would not let me select the option to do so. Alec then suggested manually reconnecting the marriage and ultimately I was able to do so. During this time I was losing connection to Splashtop in the T2 booth, as well as being unable to access Google Chrome easily once in Splashtop due to a display issue on the monitor to the left of Mac monitor in 4/6, so I was not able to consult the projectionist manual for the relevant info/password. After all of that, the projector was returned to normal functionality and we started the feature presentation thirty minutes late.

The feature played smoothly for an hour, but twice during this time the picture went out for a split second as a harsh static flash came across the screen. At around the hour mark, the picture froze completely and sound stopped as well. I went into the booth and the film was playing smoothly on the rack monitor, yet it was frozen in the theater. I unplugged and replugged the projector, disconnected and reconnected the HDMI cables, rewound the film a few minutes, opened the dowser and started the show again. It played smoothly for maybe 15-20 minutes, at which point the image suddenly turned bright pink (I took pictures of this for reference). Again I restarted the projector, got the show back on screen. Played smoothly (with the occasional half-second black screen) for maybe another ten minutes, and then the sound went out as the picture continued running. I closed the dowser again, paused the film, restarted the sound processor. I believe I ended up restarting the projector again as well. Resumed the show. Film played normally, with a few momentary black flashes, until literally two minutes before the end credits, at which point it froze again. At this point Cristina and talent called it.

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: Shouting at the Screen did not go smoothly. See above.

I broke down most of the AV in T2 after the screening. All XLR cables, the mixer, the mics, HDMI cables and adapters have been returned to 4/6. The speakers themselves are behind the curtains in T2--they're still on their stands. Also the long power cable that was connected to one of the speakers is still in T2, running beneath the screen. Initially I thought this cable was supposed to come back to 4/6, so I untaped it, but then I wasn't totally sure, so I left it in place for the night. Slide remote brought back to 4/6, wireless mics back in T2 booth. Willie Dynamite bluray in 4/6. DJ setup in Trees was not broken down at all.

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection:

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning:

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift): Yes

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?: Yes

Projection cart by entrance?: Yes

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Report 4/6 Open

Projection Close 12/28 Lillian