NPP Projection Admin 11/17



To do this evening/ was completed: Ran through an extensive tech of the Lenz III playlist with Chenelle and the hosts/filmmakers. They were pretty adamant about using the Blu-ray they'd brought with them, so I put it on screen. The FLAT Blu-ray lens file needed significant adjustment, so I tinkered with it as the hosts watched. Ultimately I got it pretty well centered, but the hosts felt that the crop on the sides of the image was still too prominent. To my eye it looked rather negligible, but I continued to adjust it, until suddenly I lost picture on screen. The Blu-ray continued to play on the PC screen but I couldn't regain the image in the theater. I toggled between different lens files, disconnected and reconnected the HDMI both on the projector and on the Blu-ray player, to no avail. I then restarted the player, loaded the Mediablock HDMI CPL onto the T2 server, and began the feature again. Still no image or sound. Very reminiscent of the tech issues we had during Shouting at the Screen in April. Eventually I was able to persuade everyone that the DCP we'd made would be the best option for the show, and they were satisfied enough with the picture and sound. They also wanted to use the Blu-ray menu screen as the holding slide for the intro. This wasn't possible with the DCP so they sent me a slide and I converted it to DCP and added it to the playlist. It looks good. Went through spotlights and intro with them--good to go.

Set up the mixer and one wired microphone in T3 for the Liam Gallagher show. Went through the playlist and noticed a Digital 1 processor cue hadn't been attached to the intro slide, which would've resulted in no sound for the music video promo and feature. Playlist has been updated. Also bumped the volume of the feature to 5.5. 5.0 sounded slightly quiet to me, but if this proves too loud it can be easily adjusted. I don't think it'll be an issue though.

Scheduled shutdown cues 11/18-11/24.

Reached out to Deluxe about new KDMs for Black Adam--update: they've been ingested.

Built and scheduled a preshow playlist for The Hidden--it will need updating once we get volume logged.

Presentation Issues: The playlist that was made for today's Black Panther private screening was missing a lights down cue. I wasn't able to check in on the screening as the tech in T2 started before the feature in T1. Chenelle alerted me that the lights hadn't gone down about 30 minutes into the feature. I quickly brought them down.

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up:

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection:

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning:

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift):

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projection cart by entrance?:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Report 4/6 Open

Projection Close 12/28 Lillian