Projection Open 12/10 Jackie Brown Issues & Fixes



To do this evening/ was completed: Hey, everyone. Just going to mention right off the bat that I had a hard time projecting Jackie Brown this morning, despite the show ending well. The first c/o cue was not great because the release pin, for whatever reason, did not open the shutter. I've had bad luck with this and I'm not the only one. That never occurred again (and it only displayed three seconds of black), but Alec and I are going to investigate on all machines to check in on the wiring/placement, which can shift and interfere with the back and forth. The next issue I had is that the grease cues on Reel 2 were so unbelievably imperceptible that I missed it and patrons saw some of the countdown. When you make grease cues on a print like this and they're on a dark part of the image, you absolutely need to make them a little uglier than usual by drawing them out more, or find a lower part of the frame and make note of it on the inspection report. Below are are photos of what the c/o cue looked like before. Only somewhat visible up-close. Look at the back of the head...







This is what the cue marks look like now after re-drawing:





The next issue I had is that some of the countdown leader has its circled numbers printed in a way that shows them to be superimposed when threading up. I figured I might have to quickly adjust once the reel was up and running, so I had my hand on the framing knob, ready to go. Turns out, I did need to slightly reframe, but the knob wouldn't work in either direction--it was loose, but provided no change. I quickly killed the motor (which I normally wouldn't opt for), reframed, and then got the film up again within 20 seconds. After this incident, it was brought to my attention that we have to push in the framing knob in order for it to work. I was not made aware of this until today. Quite frankly, it could've been a lot worse and while I saw people leave happy and clap a bit, I'm still pretty upset. Jack, I hope these changes help with tomorrow's screening. 


Presentation Issues: Nothing more than what's above. 

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: Setup World Cup in Trees with a laptop/hdmi connection. HDMI 2 and Digital Link were not working. It worked the other day, but this has ben a bit shaky recently. Brought everything else back to the booth once it was over. Also, Jenn let me know that it cut out with Fox, but logged into Peacock and got it up and running again. 

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection: Checked in on the cues with Jackie Brown, having Alec take a look at the last 3 reels just for posterity. 

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning:

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift):

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projection cart by entrance?:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projection Admin 7/19

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Admin 3/24