NPP Projection Report 2/11 Close

To do this evening/ was completed:

Presentation Issues: A guest in theater 2 complained a couple times during the second to last round of Magic Mike's Last Dance that A) the image was too dark and B) there was no surround sound (or that all of the sound was coming from the center channel) so I checked on everything from the back of the room and:

A) The picture appeared to me to be at its usual brightness (Alec just took care of this issue a few days ago) to me but I told the MODs we have been having problems with this lamp for a while now and that there was nothing I could do to affect the image on screen during the show

B) While the dialogue centric scenes in this film are largely hushed, and I mean hushed (lots of use of the "inside voice" in this one), whenever music was played or the score kicked in I could hear -- and plainly see on the Dolby app I connected to during my quality check -- that every channel but the back left/right surrounds were being used and that the 7.1 file was selected; the channel alignments were in their correct order as shown on the app so the only conclusion I could really draw was that the film was conservatively (lightly/quietly) mixed and that this is the reason for the perceived lack of surround sound [note: I ran a Dolby house check after the show and all speakers were aligned correctly and in working order]

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: The turntable was put away following the Brunch Club DJ set this afternoon

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection: Had a few "Failed - Network error" issues downloading some of the NoBudge content for NSF23; I think it may have to do with the size of some of the files but I am continuing to try again to see if multiple attempts at downloading them can yield different results so the .mov and/or ProRes versions of these films can be saved and converted later

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning:

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift):

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?: Yes

Projection cart by entrance?:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projection Admin 7/19

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Admin 3/24