NPP Projection Report 4/14 Admin


To do this evening/ was completed: After the lamp issues happening again during Bring It On last night, and after I put that grey power supply back in P1, I determined this power supply would only give us worse problems than the black one so I took the grey one out again and put the black back in. I re-did some of the bypassed switches and just made sure all the wiring going in/out of the power supply is OK. I spoke to Roger and he agrees with me that it's likely we'll need a replacement power supply. He has ones he can bring but asked me to switch the power supplies between projectors to make sure this is the issue first. I'm going to give them both a good test tomorrow, I'll just leave the lamps on for a few hours and keep checking to see if anything shuts off. Seems like this is the only way we can truly test it at this point... For Sunday's show, I would recommend switching the lamp off after the reels finish on both projectors, switching the power supply/rectifier off, then powering both back on when you're getting close to the changeover. The power cycling between reels should keep us in the clear for this show.

Presentation Issues:

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up:

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content): Downloaded and ingested the newest Heaven Stood Still DCP. It's the only version we have ingested on any server. It is named "BrooklynDcp4.1..."

Melancholia, Matrix Reloaded, and Dead Calm prints came in. These have been brought to their respective booths and can be inspected.

Ingesting Divinity for the cinema dept. to watch next Friday. Make sure this completes successfully, the file structure of it was so strange and there were a few superfluous folders I had to get rid of before it would ingest.

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection: QC'd Ronin and Corpo Celeste. Both went well and I wrote down volume levels for both. I think Ronin is SR though and not Dolby A as labeled on the leaders. Shouldn't make much of a difference volume-wise but we can run a bit of a reel some day next week to confirm. This is printed on the tail leaders:

I switched back and forth between the first and second reel of Corpo to see if the sound dropped out again, it didn't but I noticed that the processor was reverting back to SR a lot when I was changed over to P1. Compared the error rates with the two projectors and for P2 it was 5 and for P1 it would flash between 5 and F, which in the words of the manual means "an uncorrectable block of data is being processed." Later, I ran an SRD trailer on both projectors and the same thing was happening, P1 would revert to SR often and gave me a higher error rate this time (6-7) while also flashing F. The same trailer played on P2 did not revert to SR at all and gave me an error rate of 4-5, no F. I will try switching the penthouse reader on P1 with one from one of the the T6 Simplexes tomorrow and report back. Luckily there's always trusty SR to fall back on in cases like this, so if need be we can run Corpo in SR.

Since Stepfather and Highlander II prints are archival, please leave these for Lillian or me to inspect.

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning: Before I switched the power supplies in Theater 1 projectors, I ran the plattered film again to screen both as another test of the lamp and to just run it again. Had issues with it but I won't go into details, the long story short is I removed some countdown leader which is what has been giving me problems. It doesn't like being on the platter for some reason, it never winds with proper tension even when all the film is run through without stopping.

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift):

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projection cart by entrance?:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Report 4/6 Open

Projection Close 12/28 Lillian