Projection Admin 4/17 Lamp Changes, Among Other Things



To do this evening/ was completed: Quick cinema meeting today, but we're doing just fine on content. See maintenance notes below. Weekly email will be out first thing tomorrow morning instead of this evening. Apologies for the delay. 

Staff screenings are out, but I'll be updating this once we receive the keys for La Chimera this evening (within the next hour or so as per the info I received!). Should the keys be active tomorrow morning, I'll reply with the screening info.

We still need: 10 Things I Hate About You, Follow That Bird, Deliverance, Challengers.

Reached out to Chenelle about the BluRay for 10 Things I Hate About You. UPDATE: we're actually getting a DCP of this. John and Chenelle will update us soon. 

Presentation Issues: I had a phone call this morning with a technician from Adaptive Signs to to go over the issues with the display board in the lobby, but as I walked down there, I realized the board was working and obviously the software was fine, too. This was reassuring seeing as how the tech was having issues on his end connecting to TeamViewer so I could remote him in, but I followed up with everyone and we'll discuss things tomorrow. He thinks it's a software issue, but for now we're stable. (I did, however, notice some other maintenance app for Simply Theatre Signs on the computer that we might be able to pull some kind of log from, but I doubt it. Worth a try, though! Something to look into tomorrow, perhaps.)

Preshow Clips/Playlist: Ingested the Vampires preshow for Abagail

Built the playlists for Abagail and Ministry. Built and scheduled staff screening playlists for La Chimera, Sasquatch Sunset, Abigail, and Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. We'll tech these tomorrow once they're active.

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: Cristina sent over the slideshow for From Beyond, which I'll take a look at on Friday.

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content): Received and ingested keys for Dune II, Love Lies Bleeding, Civil War, Ministry, Abagail, Monkey Man, Kung Fu Panda, First Omen. FYI- Our new keys for Civil War are only active until 4/20 instead of the previous 4/19...I'm pretty sure it's a mistake. I've reached out about this. 

Received the print of The River Wild

Outgoing/Shipping (content): The Others DCP was safely returned. Dave reached out for tracking today (which was in an email I accidentally still had drafted, but forgot to send!) but I sent him the tracking and the DCP actually arrived there this past Monday. 

Print/video Inspection: Please start inspecting The River Wild tonight! 

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?: Updated today! Adjusted info for a few titles and added tracking for Dirty Dancing and From Beyond

Maintenance/cleaning: DMS did not come in today to look at T2. They're troubleshooting, but I'm hoping to encourage earlier updates from them before we open. I ran content in T2 this morning - a regular playlist with an encrypted feature all the way through and it played just fine. Everything is stable at the moment. DMS has an idea of what's wrong, so I'm waiting to hear back on when we can get someone in here to make a good judgement call. Will and I have discussed what to do with various disaster scenarios this evening. I've talked to MOD, too. 

Noticed the warning in 3/7 that both projector 3 and projector 7 needed their lamps changed. Every time I do this in there I know I'm walking out with some back issues, but both lamps were changed before the theatres opened up. 

Analogue projectors and c/o mechanisms are working just fine. Ran a few reels earlier today. Sometimes the machines and the processor are just sticky. With what McKegg encountered the other day, I'm chalking it up to everything being a little on the old side. 

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift): Yes

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projection cart by entrance?:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Report 4/6 Open

Projection Close 12/28 Lillian