NPP Projection Close 10/14



To do this evening/ was completed: Both NewFest intros and screenings went smoothly. Mics returned to their resting places.

We received the print of The Devil's Backbone. It's residing in the T1 booth.

Presentation Issues: Last round in T1, Speak No Evil, had to be canceled. I was informed by MOD that the cleaning lights had come up in T1 and that there was no film on screen, after the preshow and trailers concluded. I was kind of bewildered initially but quickly discerned the feature was not on the T1 server, which was rather perplexing because I checked the multiplex content Sunday night and saw that the playlist was loaded on that server, and I was able to load it tonight, as it was a manual start, which is ultimately the the reason for this incident. For a while I was pretty confused about the existence of the playlist on the server, having been under the impression that it could only be there once automated content transfer was initiated by the TMS, but I am now distantly recalling Alec mentioning once that playlists will transfer to servers immediately even though the unique content within them won't until 72 hours prior to the screening time. This tip was stated a long time ago, and I thought I had already done my due diligence by making sure the Speak playlist was on the server, but ultimately the surest thing would have been to check that the feature itself was ingested to T1. It would have been ideal for the person who had removed the Speak playlist for the overlapping NewFest playlist to have manually transferred Speak, but I can see why that might not have happened depending on which day the NewFest playlist was scheduled, and I do take responsibility for the mistake and am very sorry for it.

Unfortunately things went further when it was proposed that a different film could play in place of Speak. I said that we had Different Man, Wild Robot, Beetlejuice and Substance and that the first three were of a similar length to Speak. But the Substance was proposed to the audience (about six people at this point) and they chose that. MOD however did not realize the length of that feature and for a moment it caused a lot of logistical stress with regard to T1 servers and the kitchen. So Ariel walkie'd me a little while later and basically told me that on MOD's say-so I was to simulate a projector malfunction, screen going to black and house lights coming up thirty seconds afterward. I was pretty hesitant to do this so I talked with him more and he said this is what needed to be done because MOD told the crowd something they shouldn't have and that I should mention the conversation we were having in this blog so as to be totally transparent. So a projector issue was simulated and the crowd was given passes/refunds I believe. I am in tomorrow morning should there be more discussion about this incident.

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up:

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection:

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning:

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift): Yes

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projection cart by entrance?:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Report 4/6 Open

Projection Close 12/28 Lillian