NPP Projection Close 8/15



To do this evening/ was completed:  I asked Will to run reel seven of DoT during admin for me to make sure the countdown leader I added would result in proper framing. It was a perforation off when the new countdown was framed correctly, so I accommodated this by framing the top of the frameline a perf above the aperture plate. All other reels with makeshift countdown were fine and I didn't have to adjust framing at all during the screening.

Presentation Issues: Listened in on Bullet Train in T3 to see if I could make out the crackling Will mentioned. To my ear it wasn't perceptible during the feature. I felt the mix sounded a little quiet though, so I bumped it up to 5.5. 

About 65% of the way through reel six I heard the sound of the film running through the projector change. I ran over to P2 and saw that the loop beneath the gate had disappeared and the reel had become somewhat taut there. The image on screen wasn't effected but the sound in the auditorium started droning. I stopped the motor immediately, closed the heat shield and brought the house lights to mid. I re-threaded the bottom loop and advanced the film with the flywheel a good amount. I brought the lights back down and started the reel again. This lasted about a minute in total. The reel played smoothly until the same thing happened again a few minutes later. I was right next to the projector so I stopped the motor again and re-threaded. This pause was even shorter. The rest of the reel played smoothly, as did most of reel seven, until the same thing occurred toward the end of the credits. I made the same fix, and a few moments later I lost the bottom loop again. At this point I ended the screening as there was very little reel left to project. I inspected reel six afterward and found two new sprocket tears somewhat close to each other, closer than the duration between the two show pauses during this reel (to my recollection). They were immediately recognizable to my touch so I don't think I missed them during the initial inspection, but I'm not sure what would've caused them. I repaired the tears and took pictures of them for reference. Not sure if I should've left them alone for the evening but the pictures I took should provide enough clarity. I didn't notice any new damage to the reel aside from that, no new emulsion scratching or plastic crimping or anything of the like. I did not re-inspect reel seven--it's tails out beneath the rewind bench.

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: Days of Thunder went very smoothly (given the print's condition) for the first 90% of the presentation. The last 10% featured some technical difficulties, described above. Print has been rewound heads out.

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection:

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning: Reached out to Gerard for more swiffer wet jet wipes--he ordered three packs.

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift): Yes

Marquee updated?: Yes, took down DoT letters.

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projection cart by entrance?: Yes, Crooklyn and Jungle Fever are still there--they weren't picked up today. 

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projection Admin 7/19

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Admin 3/24