NPP Projection Admin 11/29



To do this evening/ was completed: Tech'd both special events playlists for tonight--All That Breathes in T4 and Land of Dreams in T3. Took the 1/8 to RCA cable that was attached to the T1 PC and connected it to the T4 PC and Nonsync input on the 750, pulled up a generic Jazz playlist on Spotify and looped it. The music will play over the holding slide until the projectionist manually hits play and advances past the pause cue in the playlist to transition to the Mic input. Playlist pauses again once the audio has switched to mics, so the projectionist will have to hit play once more to advance to the feature when the intro concludes. At this point everything should run without any manual input--feature will play, house lights will come up during the crawl, and the holding slide will reappear on screen after the feature ends. The 750 will switch back over to Mics for the Q&A and remain paused there until the projectionist concludes the playlist.

Set up an XLR to 1/4 cable beneath the screen for McKegg when he handles the mixer set up later (T4).

For Land of Dreams, I had to ingest the VF file as the OV played with no subs--playlist has been updated. Set up the Yamaha mixer with three mics attached, tested them multiple times as I did a dry run through the playlist--should be all good to go. Spotlight remote is to the right of the screen.

Tinkered with the spotlights in T1 for the HBO/NewFest event tomorrow. The intro spotlight, to my eye looks right--it's positioned to the left of the screen, with the light just an inch or two away from the bottom left tip of the screen (not obscuring the content). The preset for the intro light is 603. I sent a picture to Kim but I've yet to hear back. As for the Q&A lights, which are to be positioned directly beneath the center of the screen, I wasn't able to reposition them in a way that seemed significantly different than what's been set at preset 402. Also it seems possible that the panelists upper bodies will obscure the content on screen, so I'm not sure if having some light touch the bottom of the screen will really matter. Might even be preferable to keep the 402 preset as it is. There was also a bit of a flickering issue with the lights/lightboard which I will detail below.

Set up the daily World Cup stream in Trees around 11:00 am today. Used the Digital Link input and the stream played without fail the whole time.

Presentation Issues: When teching Land of Dreams I noticed a prominent crackling/rattling noise coming from the side surround speakers on both sides during the first scene when the score is playing. It went away afterward, and most of the scenes I watched sounded fine but it did crop up a few more times, particularly at the end of the film. I ran through a Channel ID test afterward to see if I could replicate the noise but I didn't hear anything. I then ran Glass Onion with the volume initially at 5--no crackling--then at 10. At 10 I could faintly hear the side speakers making that noise again but it was very minor, in my opinion. So I think it's the DCP mix that was producing the noise. Notified Desmond. 

Round 1 in T2 (White Noise) was scheduled as an OCAP screening when it fact it was supposed to closed captions. I noticed this about halfway through the preshow, notified MOD, closed the projector dowser and switched over to the CCAP version. Took about 1.5 minutes. This is my bad as I'm pretty sure I scheduled the whole week in the TMS, however I am a little confused by it as there isn't an OCAP screening of that feature listed in the weekly schedule email for today 11/29. Went through the rest of the TMS schedule for today to confirm no other scheduling errors.

T1 Lightboard was flickering significantly when I was using preset 402. I didn't have any of the fixtures selected on the board, so I powercycled the board to see if that would resolve the issue but it didn't really. This will definitely need to be checked out tomorrow morning.

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up:

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content): Received prints of The Wiz and The Thing, resting in their respective projection booths. Also received a DCP for The Dead Zone. Hook print was not picked up.

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection:

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?: Yes

Maintenance/cleaning:

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift): Yes

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projection cart by entrance?:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Report 4/6 Open

Projection Close 12/28 Lillian