Projection Admin 12/22 Happy Holidays!



To do this evening/ was completed: Hey, wonderful colleagues! Happy Holidays. I'm leaving for Boston this evening to spend some time with my sister. I'll try to bring back some Boston-themed treats, but after one Google search, it looks like I'd be carrying a load of baked beans back and I won't lie; I'm not sure that's something I wanna do as a patron of the Peter Pan bus. I'll do my best, though. Anyway, we have all of our content we need for this upcoming week! 

As noted in my previous post, we will be receiving a DVD of Lyle Lyle Crocodile in the coming days for the rental on 1/2 in T7. Chenelle will give us a shout when it's on its way. 

Please refer to the Maintenance/Cleaning section for the DCP/DCP-o-matic guide in the Projectionist Manual. Please let me know if you would like for me to expand it more. I've gone over the fundamentals for video, and have added in a section for slide making since it was requested--particularly notes on how to fade in/fade out, and adjust the timing of your still images as a DCP. I hope this is useful! 


Presentation Issues:

Preshow Clips/Playlist: I added the house lights up cue for I Wanna Dance With Somebody and Babylon. The volume for these were both set to 5.0, which was far, far too loud for Babylon in particular. I brought I Wanna Dance down to 4.8. The credits info has been added to the white board. 

Strange World leaves this Friday 12/23 and can be deleted off the server once screenings are finished. 

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: Karaoke went well last night. Will did everything perfectly, but later I got a text from him saying that Eliel said the setup needed an RCA cable, which it doesn't. We did not tech with an RCA cable, despite them thinking we did. The reference photos, videos, and text that we have for this setup (that I took the day that Eliel, Susan, and myself tech'd this) specifically does not use an RCA and instead, uses the 1/8 xlr cable (for audio) with another regular xlr for slack. I immediately called them to explain that everything was setup correctly so as to diminish any confusion and potential frustration. 

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers): We received a couple posters today, none of which were Babylon, but we should be getting those soon since Will just put in an order for it the other night! We received 65, Spiderverse, Barbie and Magic Mike. I put all those in 3/7 and labeled them. We also received an ENORMOUS free standing cut out of something pertaining to Dungeons & Dragons. Not sure where we should put this, but Jeremy put it against the wall on floor M. Will, if you want to open this up tonight ad have a look, be my guest!

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection:

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?: I added I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Maintenance/cleaning: 

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift): Got the credits offset for Babylon and I Wanna Dance With Somebody. I added to the cue sheets and Paul checked as well. 

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?: 

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projection cart by entrance?:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Report 4/6 Open

Projection Close 12/28 Lillian