NPP Projection Close 1/23



To do this evening/ was completed: Scheduled a pickup for Bringing Out The Dead for tomorrow, 12-6 pm time frame. Stopped by Cinema Village to pick up a CRU Drive that contained a DCP of RRR before my shift--files are the same though so we elected to adjust the fader level in T3 through the Dolby app.

Presentation Issues: Come reel four (projector 1) of AI I noticed the CP500 had switched over from Dolby Digital to SR. I tried to switch back to Digital but was prevented from doing so. I quickly went into the auditorium to gauge the sound and to my ear the mix and fullness of the audio was adequate--things sounded fine. When I changed over to reel five the 500 immediately switched back to Digital. Went back down into the theater again to gauge sound and things still sounded good and full. I wasn't completely sure if I should just run the rest of the print in SR so I decided not to, though reading about this type of issue online maybe it would've been the safer choice. I recall a somewhat similar situation happening for Iron Giant. However in my opinion the sound in the auditorium always sounded sufficient/satisfying. Every reel that ran on projector 1 ran in SR, every reel on 2 Dolby Digital. Could be an issue with the LED on P1's reader or the processor. During the last reel of the film (SR) I stood in the back of the auditorium for the duration and noticed a very slight intermittent crackle from the center speaker. When the credits rolled there was a good round of applause so my hope is that no one particularly noticed. This type of situation might be a good reason to tech at least two reels of SR-D prints.

At the very beginning of RRR in T3 I brought down the fader level from 7.0 to 6.0 with a processor volume of 4.0. I quickly popped in during an action scene and I could hear a slight crackle during some heavy subwoofer-type moments but I didn't find it jarring. Volume sounded decent. But then MOD walkie'd to say a guest had made a complaint about the volume/crackle, so I brought the fader down to 5.5 and the processor to 3.7, checked on the feature again after the print and the crackle was still there.

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: AI Artificial Intelligence went about 95% smoothly. The preshow playlist had a scope masking cue built in at the end so the first few credits/production company logos looked pillar-boxed on screen. I recognized the issue pretty immediately so I adjusted the masking and the visual presentation was smooth sailing from there. Pretty sure I made the preshow playlist so that's my bad. However, there was a more prominent issue, detailed above.

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection:

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning:

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift): Yes

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projection cart by entrance?: Yes

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projection Admin 7/19

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Admin 3/24