NPP Projection Report 3/25 Open


To do this evening/ was completed: So the flash/pop incident last night was not a lamp, I looked at all of the ones in 4/6 and none had burst. I'm pretty unsure what else this could have been, but Lillian and I will be clearing the crawlspace by the T6 Simplexes out soon.

I tried running the film I had built up on the platter, but a warped/sticky tail leader gave me a pretty bad brain wrap. The film (a throwaway trailer that's been here since the Pavilion days) took some damage in the projector, so I spliced the damage out and then just ran the rest of the film from the middle deck to the upper deck directly, not going through the projector.

I ordered a new bulb for projector 1, Theater 1. I chose next day shipping, so it should be here by Monday (maybe Tuesday at the very latest if they don't ship on weekends). Once I receive tracking I'll share it.

Presentation Issues:

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: Matilda intro and screening went great!

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content): I had to restart the DCP conversion of A New Hope. When I got in, DCP-o-Matic was not open, it must have quit at some point during the night. We didn't put the rip through HandBrake so it had to be rescaled in DCP-o-matic, not to mention it also wasn't encoded down at all from the blu-ray rip (why the DCP conversion is taking so long). It will look really great at least! In DCP-o-matic it was stretched to 2.39 previously instead of 2.35, not a huge deal but it did look a tiny bit stretched. I rescaled to 2.35 and restarted the conversion. It's going onto the DCPIII drive. ETA is tomorrow night or Monday morning. Had a thought that it might be a good idea to back up some DCPs we make when it's a movie like this which is likely to be picked for a rental in the future. Would be best doing this on hard drives, there should be some extra at Williamsburg we could use.

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection: Checked Terms of Endearment volume/credits quickly before opening. Screening went great!

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning:

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift):

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projection cart by entrance?:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projection Admin 7/19

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Admin 3/24