Projection Admin 9/11



To do this evening/ was completed: Okay! hello. Lots going on today. As y'all know, we have two private events on 9/14: Pavement and A Sigh of Origin

Today we had a tech scheduled with the filmmakers/hosts of A Sigh of Origin and when I went to throw their film up on screen just to set everything up beforehand, I unfortuntely did not get sound nor image. We had a conversation and I worked with Taylor (DP/tech person) and we tried ingesting another DCP on his drive that was apparently the same but looked like a more proper file. It didn't work (Taylor informed me that he stacked the jpeg files for the intro and q&a in the same DCP as the film, which is what I think contributed to the problem among a few other things I can explain later), but to make a long story short, I remade their DCP in house and managed to ingest and get eyes on it three minutes before Barbie opened up in T2 today. It looks and sounds gorgeous. I had Taylor give me the slides for the intro and Q&A separately so I could make the DCPs the way we normally do. We already rescheduled to have another tech tomorrow morning at 10:30 (Alec is aware). I called Taylor to tell them it's all good. For tomorrow, there is a playlist called TECH_ASOO_091223 that has both slides and the feature in.

We got the file for the Pavement: Range Life feature screening via wetransfer. I really, really wish we could've received a DCP from these folks, especially considering how close we are to the date, but we'll get it done! I have this currently transcoding in T1. It said this is going to finish up on THURSDAY. I am sweating over this, so I sent them an email asking if we can get a DCP from them. I'm honestly surprised we didn't get one in the first place. They emailed back essentially saying they don't have a DCP without realizing that I was kind of gently asking them to make one. We can try doing it in 4/6 tonight and I'll have Jack keep an eye on the transcode in 1, but we also have their preshow content that they sent us today....I have this transcoding in 4/6 to the DCPII drive now. Alex confirmed the slide for the Intro and Q&A. It will be very bright on screen. I made and ingested the DCP. It's scope. Same as the film. 

We have a tech tomorrow for Industrial Musicals (Cristina is in communication with Alec for this). It'll probably be between ASOO and NoBudge. 

Presentation Issues: I went to check the cue sheets/TMS today and noticed that the first two rounds in T6 had regular playlists scheduled instead of the special ones for that house. I caught this another time earlier this week. Please remember to make sure it's T6! The rest of the week is fine. 

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: Ingested all Industrial Musicals DCPs to the T1 server. 

Got volume/tech'd Marie Antoinette and double checked House of the Devil

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content): Ingested Death Becomes Her and Burn After Reading 

We received The Little Princess this morning. Jack brought it up as I was running around a lot today. 

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection: Finished the re-inspection for Bullet in the Head. I have scheduled a pickup for this (it'll get taken out tomorrow morning). Emailed Edda and Janet with tracking info as well as a link to the outbound, post-screening inspection report. 

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning:

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift): Yes. 

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projection cart by entrance?:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projection Admin 7/19

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Admin 3/24