NPP Projection Report 4/20 Open


To do this evening/ was completed: 

Presentation Issues: The only series of unfortunate events today was on screen in Theater 1, and it went well! Albeit with some notes below.

Theater 2 and 3 are holding strong. I preloaded the first playlist in 3 just to make sure the KDM validated, which it did, although for some reason it didn't start come the scheduled time (this could be a IMS2/IMS3 difference, that it won't start at the scheduled time if a playlist is already loaded for playback). Think that made MODs nervous but I started it a few minutes late when they called me. No issues after that.

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: Toward the end of the first reel, about 3-ish minutes before the end, of ASOUE I noticed the focus going in and out. This was on projector 1. It was more like what I've seen before, not so much the picture going soft and staying soft at the changeover cues (as with Ambulance on Thursday as Lillian mentioned), though they were similar and uncommon enough that I assumed it was a print thing. I remember last time this happened was 2022 I believe and I noticed it with two prints in a row and then not again after that. Can't remember if I did anything to the projector. When I noticed the focus problem on reel one of ASOUE today I tried adding a bit of gate tension which helped some but the focus would start wavering again shortly after. After reel 1 finished I took the trap out and added some oil to the intermittent sprocket. Not saying for sure this is what did the trick (though I wouldn't necessarily rule it out), but when I changed over to reel 3 not only did the focus not waver toward the end of the reel I swear it was sharper overall than when I started reel 1. Same deal with reel 5, so I think we should be fine tomorrow. I also noticed during reel 2 that the CP500 had reverted to SR from SRD so I just hit the SR button and played the rest of the film on that format. Not sure if that was the print or a soundhead thing but I'd recommend playing the SR track for tomorrow's screening.

La Chimera was understandably not teched yesterday. I should've checked the playlist before seating, but I noticed right after the feature started it was playing at 4.0 from the trailers. Raised it to 5.0 which was good. Heads up this is a "multi aspect ratio" movie, some 1.33, some 1.66, some 1.85. So leave lens/masking for 1.85. Added volume and credit light cues to the playlist for tomorrow.

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection: Inspected the first 3 reels of Antonia's Line. It's in nearly excellent condition, should look very very nice. Left these tails out on the shipping reels for now.

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning: Received the two boxes of alcohol wipes I ordered.

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift):

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projection cart by entrance?:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projection Admin 7/19

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Admin 3/24