Projection Close 10/09 Friendly reminder...and other things!



To do this evening/ was completed: 

Hey, team! Just a friendly reminder to be mindful of the blogs and if there's pertinent information about what you can download, ingest, or organize--try to get done what you can. I made a couple more DCPs today and we now have ALL shorts for the NewFest programme A Very Trans Time fully ingested in T2; Summer Solstice, Pierce Me, Right Here, Cosboi, Monsieur LeButch and Epilogue. I know Kat is supposed to be converting Epilogue for that programme, but I made a back up just in case. These can now be tech'd on Tuesday, 10/11. Jack's screening of Time & Tide went very well, which I'm bummed I didn't have enough time to see today. Also, I want to briefly touch upon the belt situation as Jack mentioned the take up belt on P2 was loose, which is on me as I was working on the the other night and I'm used to the belts looking a bit different. He brought up a good conversation--the roundthane belts we currently have require the pulley to be on an almost 45 degree angle because of their size (and shape, honestly), in order to create a good amount of tension. But you can also adjust the swing of the pulley to create a different belt shape but only if the belt is the right size. On both the Century and Simplex machines, we can adjust the new belts accordingly. 
Here is an example what the solid v belts normally look (and yes, they run just fine with this shape): I have attempted to draw the two shapes (the one we currently use vs the one we don't) since these photos are so terribly dark! 
 I'm so sorry about how bad these drawings are.


.                                



Presentation Issues:

Preshow Clips/Playlist:

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: Took one of the chairs out of T7 for wheelchair access. Put it safely back. 

Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content):

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection: Reels 1-3 of Real Women Have Curves, screening 11/01, have been inspected and are tails out on shipping reels, ready for house reels. Kodak prints from the late 90s/early 2000s are always so divine. The color is gorgeous. Projectionists be advised: there is a small amount of head leader on the reels I've inspected. This shouldn't be an issue, it's just kind of annoying and all the more reason to have some extra leader on hand. 

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?: Yes, as well as the NewFest sheet. 

Maintenance/cleaning: Our Kelmar benches are on their way out, so, in addition to new Kelmar pads (I have a good lead on this), we need some carbon brushes (H3 model) for both T1 and 4/6  bench. The take up has been challenging, so the belt will also need to be replaced. The belt I definitely know where to get, but I'm gonna need to measure the motor. These changes will be the ultimate cure! Also-- one of our spindles has a broken key (yikes!...the one on the bench in 4/6). I shucked it into one of the placeholders on the bench and replaced it with one of the spindles from T1. We will need more, but I'm going hunting to see if we've got any laying around, just on the off chance. A spindle with a key is not a spindle with a pin--we don't really need those right now. For folks who might not know, the key is that small, notch-like bit of metal that sticks out on the and locks the film reel into place.

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift):

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projection cart by entrance?:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projection Admin 9/8 Lillian/Will

Projection Close 8/26 Lillian

NPP Projection Report 11/23 Open