NPP Projection Blog CLOSE 2/7 Karen
To do this evening/ was completed:
To do tomorrow:
Please update the events/marquee whiteboard using this week's projection department review.
Maybe make a spot for the ingest schedule as well?
Presentation Issues:
-There were none
Preshow Clips/Playlist:
Trailer Updates:
Special Events/ AV set up:
**Don't forget! IFC Independent Spirit Awards are tomorrow. The channels are: IFC 234, IFC HD 734. Please put on at 5 pm in high-res with closed captioning, no sound unless guests start to ask for sound. I have already verified the channel and put the closed captioning on. All you have to do is turn on the projector in high-res.
Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):
Ordering/Receiving (content):
-Ace in the Hole, DCP and keys, are due in tomorrow by noon. Keys open Sunday, 8 am.
-Casablanca keys are still outstanding, will inquire if not in by Tuesday morning.
Outgoing/Shipping (content):
Print/video Inspection:
-Teched "Moonlight". The asset tracking doc and cue sheets have been updated. This is a really quiet movie, at first I thought the 5.1 wasn't working as for the first 15 minutes on the center speaker is the only one showing any signal. However at the end of the movie when the orchestral score starts playing it gets really loud, with 6 channels showing good signal so I set the volume to come back down to 5.5 for the credits.
Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:
yes
Maintenance/cleaning:
-Labeled the a/c power switches in booth 3/7, 6, 1, & 5 with "NEVER SWITCH OFF" and a graphic illustration of what will happen if you do. For booth 2 and 4 I need an 8' ladder, and so I will do this during admin hours, I left the extra labels on the whiteboard.
- I deleted a bunch of playlist packs, trailers, cards, preshows, etc off of TMS and/or some individual servers and still TH 3,4,5 are over 80% full. We have so many movies right now. We generally do not have above 50% on individual servers at any given time. We take TMS over 80% but TMS crashes all the time, which will not stop the movies, and isn't that big of a deal. I don't want an IMS to crash because it's full because that will stop the movie.
Please don't schedule Wed and Thurs until after Sunday because there are theaters that are only playing certain movies through the weekend and those movies can be taken off after Sunday, conversely there are movies that are only playing towards the end of the week. So let's manage these servers a bit. The deletion/ingestion schedule is on the whiteboard and in the weekly review email that went out tonight.
Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift):
-Saturday's cue sheets and scheduler has been double checked.
-Movies have been scheduled through Tues. Please hold off on scheduling Wednesday & Thursday until Sun close/Monday open.
Marquee updated?:
Posters updated?:
Cleaning lights on for the night?: yes
Projectors off for the night?: yes
Projection cart by TH5?: yes
Nest:
Additional Notes:
-I have re-arranged the white board a bit: with a section for "daily manual starts", "notes for the week", "one off credit times". There is also a section dedicated to our IMS storage considerations for the week (see above). The first run credit times, runtimes, and KDM expiration dates are still written on flags, they have been updated for this week.
Comments
Post a Comment