NPP Projection 8/20 Close + 8/21 Admin
To do this evening/ was completed: 8/20 Odyssey 35mm went smoothly. Cleaned projector after show.
Trees Lounge T1 and T2 went smoothly, recorded the Q&A if anyone wants it. Mics back in booths.
Removed old playlists/content, built 8/28 A1 playlists (excluding Coyote v. Acme and Dog Stars).
Tech'd Fargo and Crash with Cristina, volumes logged, good to go.
Dear Mama download seemed to fail shortly after it was started. I tried to reinitiate it, which sent a new download code to Desmond but I didn't hear back about it in time. All to say we need to try to download again.
Tech'd CatVideoFest and Is God Is. Because the maintenance with Roger took a while I wasn't able to look at Is God Is in T4, so I sent it to T3 and looked at it there. Looks and sounds good, lowered volume to 5.2.
Presentation Issues:
Preshow Clips/Playlist:
Trailer Updates:
Special Events/ AV set up:
Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):
Ordering/Receiving (content): New York, New York print arrived, in T1.
Outgoing/Shipping (content): Blind Fury and The Fan picked up by Sony.
Print/video Inspection:
Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:
Maintenance/cleaning: Maintenance with Roger took up half the day. He balanced the alignment between both projectors. P1 was pretty much fine but P2 LED reader was picking up about half of the millivolts it should be (150 instead of 300). Roger ultimately recommended having the P2 analog LED reader replaced. He called Kelmar to see if they had any spares available and said he'd get back to us. For now the optical barrel and azimuth on both projectors have been re-balanced. I can explain more in person if need be. Prints sounded good to Cristina's ear.
While we were going through this maintenance Roger noticed that the P2 pad shoe was kind of loose. He tried to fix it but wasn't able to really. We were running a loop at this point and we put the scope lens on screen and it looked pretty off, so we adjusted the positioning of the lens to get rid of some black at the top right corner. It wasn't until I went to tech for Cristina a little bit later that I realized the wrong 1.85/2.39 plates were in each projector. Lillian mentioned in her blog a few days ago (regarding The Fan print) about P2 scope plate needing a bit of a shave. I think this may have been the issue. All to say that we will need to recalibrate the P2 scope lens because once I put the right plate in, the image looked fine in 2.35 FILM, but at 2.39 there was some black on each side. I can point to which screws Roger was adjusting.
Also the P1 1.37/1.66 aperture plate does not indicate which aperture is which. I looked at P2 and it has arrows pointing out for 1.66 and in for 1.37. However, on P1, when I ran Crash and a loop, there was a prominent shadow/bar running along the bottom of the screen when the plate was out. When I pushed it in it looked good. So let us know about that.
Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift): Yes
Marquee updated?:
Posters updated?:
Cleaning lights on for the night?:
Projection cart by entrance?:
Additional Notes:
Comments
Post a Comment