10/17/24 Projection Admin (Big day)



To do this evening/ was completed: I really want to try to be succinct with this blog since there's a lot we did today and not all of it needs to be in here (I don't want to overwhelm the blog and left enough notes for myself for tomorrow, in my planner) but it's still going to be a decent read. Really sorry for the eyesore. 

We had our tech for NewFestxHBO's Somebody Somewhere screening this Saturday. I came in this morning to set up the external speakers, mixer, and wired mics, which are all working beautifully. Got all 8 chairs out so that we could run through the spots, which I'll be personalizing tomorrow along with a few other changes (masking cues for the episodes). We got some last minute slides on the spot, so I ingested those whilst everyone was there. Hosts/reps watched the episodes all the way through. We didn't get OCAP files, which apparently we were supposed to, but we tested our CCAP devices with them and they work just fine. We'll likely roll with that since it's too late to get new files and tech them with everyone. 
I am leaving the setup of speakers, mixer and wired mics safely out (without disrupting the rest of shows) so that it's ready for a check up tomorrow (and of course we'll keep it up through Saturday, which will make my life a lot easier that day). Few other changes for the playlist made on the fly (no preshow for this one, just the slide with the music). 

Immediately after HBO, John and I saw down to go through the tech for Brooklyn Horror tonight, aong with the host on facetime. Adjusted levels for some of the content, but everything looks good. I tested sound (which will be the same for Saturday's HBO show) with the dual male rca to 1/8" that we've been using in T3/4 and 1 for NewFest preshow Spotify playlists. We definitely had a third one of these, but I can only find two at the moment, which is fine since we can swing one to another theatre for preshows. Per John's request, I pulled up a generic Halloween playlist since we did not receive one. 

Presentation Issues: Whilst teching with Desmond and Dustin in T3 for our regular NewFest shows tonight, the server went down. Luckily, we saw what we needed to see before I had to open the theatre, but I radioed MOD to let them know we'd be start about 5 - 10 minutes late in T3 so I could powercycle the projector. I reseated everything and we were back up and running pretty quickly. Then, shortly after, while we were teching tonight's NewFest show in T1, Jenn called me to say that the same thing was happening with Piece by Piece (jumping straight to the feature with little to no preshow and no trailers. So I did what worked the other day and I quickly reedited the playlist in that theatre (and the rest that we're showing this film in) to match its OG (and correct) playlist on the TMS, saved it in the IMS to replace the mysteriously damaged playlist, and we were fine. Got us up to speed time wise so no issue for waitstaff, but I have reached out to DMS about all of our current maintenance issues. Since this could prove to be a potential issue for tonight, I am staying for a bit to help start Brooklyn Horror and be on standby for T3 since we have two NewFest shows. UPDATE: New Fest going strong. Brooklyn Horror: Dead Mail preshow and intro went very well. Film is up and running. Huge crowd. Will is going to handle the Q&A now. 

Preshow Clips/Playlist:
I built the official playlists for the shorts program Time Warp, HBO show, WIP program, and Betty Boop. I also tech'd La Llorna, which is now ready for the weekend. 

Trailer Updates:

Special Events/ AV set up: Two mic stands are up in T1 for the intro tonight in T1. per the event memo, they need 3 wireless mics. no chairs. 

Brought some of the chairs we used for tech in T2 today down to T3 for this evening. Mics are set. it was a little confusing as to how many we'll need.


Ordering/Receiving (posters & trailers):

Ordering/Receiving (content): Sent the Betty Boop content to T1 for the weekend. I will double check the short and feature content tomorrow morning. 

Ingested Anora to the TMS

Outgoing/Shipping (content):

Print/video Inspection:

Asset tracking doc updated/checked?:

Maintenance/cleaning:

Cue sheets updated/checked (every shift): Yes. Added NF info for the weekend with La Llorna and Betty Boop. Betty Boop has no real credits sequence, so I've added a bit of black with preshow lights for patrons. 

Marquee updated?:

Posters updated?:

Cleaning lights on for the night?:

Projection cart by entrance?:

Additional Notes:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPP Projection 11/17 Close

NPP Projection Report 4/6 Open

Projection Close 12/28 Lillian